Data privacy notice for clients and visitors to thedigicoach.co.uk
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data means any data which identifies a living person. Processing personal data (collecting, storing, using, altering, sharing or destroying personal information) is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (known as GDPR).
Who are we?
the DigiCoach is a Digital Skills and IT consultancy firm located in Wales, UK.
For personal data related to the business, the DigiCoach is the Data Controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For these purposes, the DigiCoach remains the Data Processor.
How do we process your personal data?
the DigiCoach complies with their obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Your personal data is used for the following purposes: –
- To deliver the services you’ve requested from us
- For audit and verification purposes
- To inform you about similar services, activities or events (in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations)
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
the DigiCoach processes your personal data in order to carry out the requested task/service – in this case, to support individuals/clients to engage with technology and develop their basic digital skills.
Processing is also necessary for the legitimate interests of both clients/organisations, so that we can monitor and evaluate our services and inform you about similar services, activities or events.
Provision of your data is a contractual requirement – without it, we are unable to deliver the service you have requested from us.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with the following:
- Third parties acting on our behalf who are helping us deliver the service
- Third parties acting on our behalf who are helping us evaluate the service
- Third parties are contractually required to protect your data and comply with GDPR.
the DigiCoach will never pass on your information to another organisation for them to market directly to you or your organisation.
How long do we keep your personal data?
the DigiCoach determines how long we must keep your data. Your data is kept for no longer than necessary in case of any complaints, legal claims or auditing queries.
Webcam sessions/Live video meetings
Where sessions are conducted via webcam e.g. Zoom or Google Meet – we may record the session/meeting with the clients consent. The recording is stored securely and provided for the client to use as a future reference.
Website and social media
We will only publish material related to clients following consent. This includes images and testimonials and will be removed by request.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the DigiCoach holds about you;
- The right to request that the DigiCoach corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the DigiCoach to retain such data;
- The right to request that the DigiCoach provides you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Where the DigiCoach uses platforms outside the UK to process data (Zoom, G Suite and Office 365), we have satisfied ourselves that these platforms adhere to recognised frameworks such as the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the European Commission and the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European Union member countries, and have adequate measures in place to protect your data and comply with GDPR.
Automated Decision Making
We do not carry out automated decision making with your personal data.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use before we start the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
For further information about the information which the DigiCoach hold and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under GDPR, please see contact details below:
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.